Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Welcome to my healthy bytes!

Hello everybody

Finally, my first blog post... woo hoo!! It's been too long that I've been flooding many of you in your Facebook newsfeed with all my "healthy living" posts. Many of you have been liking it and requesting more information so... here it is! I would also love to spread the word out to new friends out there, so please share away!

What will I write about?

Mostly nutrition + food stuff...
...including some of my favorite, delicious, healthy recipes...
...a little bit of organic farming and gardening experiences...

...a tiny bit of "natural mommyhood"...
...sprinkled with some yoga teachings!

Why? Who am I anyway?

Wife. Yogini. Nutritionist. Farmer. Mama... Offering revelations about everything healthy.

My heritage: I was born and raised in Puerto Rico and have been living in Chicago for the last 14 years. My "past life" original career was Accounting and Finance- I am actually a Certified Public Accountant (eeeekkk!) but had a fantastic revelation 13 years ago after my first yoga class... they had me at "namaste"...

My Awakening: I became a Registered Yoga Teacher in 2004 and started teaching and immersing myself in further yoga studies and trainings. The inherent self-discovery of yoga led me to increased awareness of my body's feelings and reactions, an improvement in my eating habits, and a keen interest in all things related to nutrition. During this time I had a difficult fertility journey that resulted in a successful pregnancy through alternative methods of Chinese medicine; diet and nutrition; and other natural modalities. This provided me with the concrete evidence that I had discovered my intended path...


My Passion: Today, after studying nutrition for 4+ years I finally became a Nutrition Therapy Practitioner and I am excited about embarking upon my career and passion for healthy and natural living by becoming a Certified Health Coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in 2014. 


Welcome to the blog, enjoy the healthy bytes coming up, and stay tuned for Cooking classes, Group Detox programs, and Health Coaching Sessions coming in 2014!!! :)

8 comments:

  1. Congrats, Marisa! I'm looking forward to hearing what you've got to share. I've certainly been the happy recipient of healthy bites at your house!
    Tom B-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't word that right...I haven't been a recipient of bites, but have enjoyed great food (including kale, yes)...you know what I mean...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marisa,

    First and foremost, congratulations on becoming a Nutrition Therapy Practitioner. I know its been a long journey but like every recipe, every step is crucial for the confection of a great dish. We are very proud of you and look forward to learn from all you have to share. Keep on walking the walk...! Te queremos mucho, Rebecca y Eduardo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!
    Tom- I hope we get to start those dinners again some time soon!
    Ed & Rebecca- can't wait to see you very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Marisa! I'm excited to follow your blog. It sounds like we have very similar journeys to health, even starting from our former life as a CPA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda!! Yes, think we do. We should get together and chat sometime soon. Haven't seen you guys in a while!

      Delete