Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What went well?

My little slogan up top will make you think I value kale as a "super food", but in reality...I don't believe in one good food being "superior" to another. It is only a symbolic way on my intention with this blog. A way to spread health through food and nutrition, but also through love and peace...and other important things that nourish us- like spirituality, relationships, and stress management.

This post is about helping you gain more peace and happiness with a quick and simple exercise.

No, it's not meditation...relax! :)

This was actually sent to me by my lovely mother-in-law, who always sends me interesting articles and information I thoroughly enjoy.  So, thanks Jojo!

This simple exercise takes only 5 minutes and when practiced for only one week, it has been shown to improve happiness up to 6 months later! Apparently, there is a lot of research behind it and it has roots in Martin Seligman's work, who is the father of Positive Psychology.

The What-Went-Well Exercise: 
  • Every night for the next week, set aside ten minutes before you go to sleep. 
  • Write down three things that went well today and why they went well. 
  • That's it... go to sleep now!
The odds are that you will feel less depressed, happier, and addicted to this exercise six months from now.

I’ve written about gratitude before and this is another example on how gratitude is the root for peace, love, and happiness.

Love the simplicity of the exercise and obviously short time it takes to do… (sure my mom friends will appreciate!).

I have been trying it for the last few days, and I must say: this-stuff-works. 

Try it yourself, and let me know how you feel, ok?



2 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful and I'm going to try it tonight! It's too easy to focus on the negative things in our lives when there is also so much good to remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Kelley, hope it helps! Actually, after a few days all of a sudden you will find it difficult to stop at 3 things!!

      Delete